Saturday 25 August 2012

Pin Drop Silence

I had this teacher in my previous school who was probably the nicest teacher in the world. She used to make learning fun y'know. Very few teachers can actually do that.

She was quite tall, at least 5'7", she loved teaching and loved kids even more! She  had a slightly small voice, and found t rather hard to teach when all of us were making noise. She used to carry a hair pin to class and when she need us to quiten down, she'd pick the pen of her desk, mentally count to ten, and drop the pin. We'd all listen really close, and if we were quiet enough, we'd be able to hear the pin fall. The sound was quite amazing. It's stuck in my head, just like so mant others.

I still remember this little snippet as my life in the third grade, especially in noisy places.




No comments:

Post a Comment