Thursday 2 August 2012

Memory

The last post I wrote was somewhat impulsive. I was thinking about someone, and decided to post some lyrics from a song called 'On Every Street', by the 'Dire Straits'. I just thought the person I was thinking about might, somehow intuitively know,  that I'm talking to them. There's so many people who come and go, for a variety of reasons. Choices, thoughts, words, expression. There's more to that list. I'd just say you should really value the people you have, because once they are gone, you miss them really bad.

I moved schools, five years ago, and in the process, lost more than a uniform. I lost a part of me.

Most days, I regret the decision. I wish I could go back. To what I had. To what I lost.

I'm going to leave you with a line from 'Stereo Hearts' by 'Gym Class Heroes'.

"Appreciate every mixtape your friends make,
You never know they come and go like they are on the interstate"


No comments:

Post a Comment