Friday 24 August 2012

Of Little Children and Railway Stations

I was on my way back home from school this evening, and if you have travelled by the 'Mumbai Loocall' yet, you'd know that you get these ticket coupons, which a machine validates, so you skip the queue.

I saw this kid who looked rather distraught and a little frightened. He looked eight years old, stood abut four and a half feet tall, wearing what looked like a government school uniform and had a slightly pointed but very... umm... cute? no probably innocuous face. So I asked him what was wrong and he told me that he had forgotten his pass somewhere. I asked him where he wanted to go, and he said he needed to go to his home in Andheri. I punched in a four rupee coupon, handed it to him and said, "Here, take this and go home."

He took it, gave me a grin from ear to ear, said thank you, and walked down the platform. I saw him get on and that was it. I didn't see him anymore. I still remember the smile he gave me. It really looked like :D. I'm happy now, for some weird reason. I think making other people happy is the nicest thing you can do to yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment