Wednesday 20 November 2013

Tir Nan Og, Alcest.

The breeze was alive. It spoke to me. It carried memories of the past and visions of the future and things I could't understand. Yet it's constant chattering and whistling brought me comfort. I saw a figure fade away in the distance and I began to run towards it not wanting it to disappear, but when I caught up to it, there was nothing. No one. 

I felt intoxicated by your presence. I breathed in the smell of the sea and thought that this is where I belonged. The shore was a mess of rocks and plastic. It was corrupted. Corroded by the greed of man and his never ending desire to have what he does not need. Yet your very existence made it all seem beautiful for that one moment. Like nothing could ever be wrong with it. Like nothing ever was. You exude perfection in your every breath. Your beauty graced the streets and people parted to let us through. I was starstruck. I had gone mad. I was madly in love. 

I am like the moon. I hide away my darkness and show you only what I want your to see. There's a side of me that I try to deny, but without it I would be incomplete. I would be shallow. Half-faced. I wouldn't be able to live without it and that troubles me. I want to be able to be loved, but deep down inside me, in places I do not want to go, I've seen the truth about who I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment