Monday 12 August 2013

Valar Morghulis

Will you still love me when I've go let nothing but my aching song?
Feeling and emotion left me. I was left hung to dry. Empty. Hollow. Emotionless. The colour drained from my face, and the tears soon after. It doesn't take long to se something disintegrate. Something that always seemed so strong you never believed there was ever any chance of you breaking.
My biology teacher told me that my heart is the size of my fist, and that my brain is the size of two fists. It would be logical to assume that a beating from my brain is much stronger than a beating from my heart.
This was never meant to last. I wish it wasn't so.
I do remember telling someone that there isn't really much to a heart. "It's just a fucking pump" what's the big deal? Then it hit me. The heart isn't practical. Its associated with being alive; your heart stops, you die. So why a symbol of love?
And so I think to myself "that's a little obvious, isn't it?"
If you have nobody to love you, you die. Your heart stops beating, you die. I'm not saying something didactic or wannabe. I'm not saying that love is the same as life.
Love is what keeps us alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment